StoneTech Heavy Duty Grout Sealer
NOTE: StoneTech Professional is now distributed by Laticrete International. Same great Dupont formula, but now with a Laticrete Label.
Confused by Sealers? Take a look here: Sealer Buying Guide
Features and Benefits:
- Heavy duty protection against most stains
- Protects grout & makes cleaning easier
- Natural look
- Water-based, low-solids coating
- Interior & exterior
Where to Use:
StoneTech Grout Sealer is ideal for use on grout for natural stone, ceramic, and porcelain tile.
3-5 years on interior surfaces & 1-3 years on exterior surfaces.
Note: Directions may vary depending on size. Always test in a small inconspicuous area with a 24-hour cure time to determine ease of application and desired results. Allow new grout installations to cure for a minimum of 72 hours prior to application. Make sure surface is clean, dry and free of waxes and coatings. Ensure that the surface temperature of the stone is between 50-80°F before sealing.
1. Mask off and protect any baseboards or adjacent areas to avoid splashing and overspray onto surfaces not intended to be treated.
2. Liberally apply using a paint pad, low-pressure chemical-resistant sprayer, narrow roller or natural hairbrush, focusing on the grout joints.
3. Allow StoneTech Grout Sealer to completely penetrate into the grout, 5-15 minutes.
4. Liberally apply a second coat following steps 2-3.
5. Wipe up all sealer from the surface of the tile. Use a clean, dry, lint-free, cotton towel or mop to remove excess sealer.
6. If StoneTech Grout Sealer was not completely wiped off and a residue appears, wipe entire surface with a towel dampened with sealer. Use a white nylon pad to loosen residue and follow with a clean, white absorbent towel to remove.
7. A full cure is achieved after 24-48 hours; foot traffic may begin in 4 hours. Cover with red rosin paper, if foot traffic must resume before the recommended time periods have passed.
8. Clean equipment with water.
Available Sizes (and Coverage):
- Pint: 75-125 sq. ft.
- Quart: 150-250 sq. ft.
- Gallon: 600-1,000 sq. ft.
- 5 Gallon: 3,000-5,000 sq. ft.
StoneTech Heavy Duty Grout Sealer Technical Data Sheet
StoneTech Heavy Duty Grout Sealer Safety Data Sheet