Aqua Mix Grout Colorant - Custom Colors
This item drop ships from the manufacturer and will arrive separately from the rest of your order. This product is a special order and is not returnable or refundable.
THIS ITEM WILL ONLY SHIP VIA GROUND.
An easy-to-use, professional-grade waterborne epoxy that recolors, seals, and rejuvenates dirty or discolored existing grout joints. Use with various grout types, including cement, epoxy, urethane, and Single Component grouts.
It also simplifies ongoing grout cleaning by helping to guard against stains by sealing and protecting recolored grout. Includes Microban antimicrobial protection that prevents the growth of stain-causing mold and mildew on cured colorant.
Sanded, un-sanded, and epoxy grout joints. Effective for interior and exterior applications.
Up to 15 years.
It will vary depending on the hardness and texture of the surface, type of area, surface wear, frequency, and type of maintenance products used. Weather conditions, harsh cleaning methods, and high-alkaline, acidic, or solvent-based cleaners will affect wear.
Approximately 50 to 300 sq. ft. per 8-oz bottle, depending on the width and porosity of grout joint, size of tile, and application method.
Test a small area according to application instructions, with a minimum 1-hour cure time to determine desired results.
1) Read the entire label before using it.
2) SHAKE WELL before using.
3) For new installations, Grout Colorant can be applied as soon as 48 hours after grouting.
4) Grout joints must be clean, dry, and free of existing sealers or coatings.
5) Prepare existing grout joints:
- MOST TILE & STONE: Use Aqua Mix Grout Colorant Pre-Treat Cleaner or Aqua Mix Phosphoric Acid Substitute.
- ACID-SENSITIVE STONE: Use Aqua Mix Heavy Duty Tile & Grout Cleaner
- EPOXY GROUT JOINTS: Use Aqua Mix Sealer & Coating Remover.
6) If more than 1 bottle of a single color is to be used, mix the material in a large container to ensure uniformity of color.
7) If using Grout Colorant Applicator, pour Grout Colorant into Applicator bottle and apply a bead onto grout joint.
8) Spread evenly using the Applicator Brush or toothbrush, working Grout Colorant into the joint using a back-and-forth motion. Thin, even coats should be applied, limiting the amount of Grout Colorant that gets on the tile.
9) If going from a dark to light grout color, more than 1 application may be necessary with a minimum 2-hour drying time between coats.
10) After Grout Colorant has dried 1 or more hours (never more than 12 hours), lightly mist surface with water and let stand 5 minutes. Remove excess Grout Colorant from the surface of the tile using water and a white nylon scrub pad.
11) Ready for surface traffic in 2 hours. Keep the area dry for at least 24 hours. Avoid direct scrubbing on grout joints for 20 days to allow a full cure.
12) Clean applicator tools with water after each use.
- Aqua Mix Grout Colorant is not recommended for underwater use in pools, ponds, or areas subject to hydrostatic pressure.
- Do not use solvent-based cleaners on re-colored grout joints.
- Previously applied sealers, except Aqua Mix Penetrating Sealer, Aqua Mix Grout Sealer, Aqua Mix Pro-Solv, Aqua Mix Ultra-Solv, or Aqua Mix Sealer’s Choice Gold, must be removed to provide a bondable surface. Aqua Mix Sealer & Coating Remover is recommended for this procedure.
- Porous tile may require sealing to ensure colorant is not absorbed into the tile.
Handling & Storage:
- Close container after each use.
- Store in original container only.
- Use in temperatures between 50ºF and 80ºF.
MAY BE HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. MAY IRRITATE EYES AND SKIN. Wear skin and eye protection. Contains styrene-acrylic copolymer. If in eyes, flush with water for at least 15 minutes. If on skin, wash with soap and water. If irritation persists, seek medical attention. If swallowed, DO NOT induce vomiting. Seek medical attention.
Limited Product Warranty
Custom Building Products (“Custom”) warrants to the original consumer purchaser that its product shall be free from defects in material and artistry under normal and proper usage for a period of one year following the date of original purchase. Custom’s sole liability under this warranty shall be limited to the replacement of the product. Some states, countries, or territories do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty will not extend to any product that has been modified in any way or has not been used according to Custom’s printed instructions. Custom makes no other warranties, either expressed or implied. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state or from one country/territory to another.
Grout colors shown here may not accurately represent the actual color of the installed grout because of jobsite conditions, product preparation, installation methods, lighting, image variance on computer monitors, and the type of tile or stone utilized. Consequently, Bonanza Trade & Supply makes no representation, warranty, or guarantee of any kind regarding color, texture, or appearance.