Aqua Mix Grout Sealer
Confused by Sealers? Take a look here: Sealer Buying Guide
Aqua Mix Grout Sealer is a water-based sealer that resists water, oil, and acid-baAqua Mix Grout Sealer is a water-based sealer that resists water, oil, and acid-based contaminants. Simplifies maintenance and does not change the appearance of the grout. Allows moisture vapor transmission.
Aqua Mix No VOC (Volatile Organic Compound Formulas) help provide better indoor and outdoor air quality compared to similar traditional products.
Aqua Mix Grout Sealer has an expected wear up to 5 years. Will vary depending on hardness and texture of surface, type of area, surface wear, frequency, and type of maintenance products used. Weather conditions, harsh cleaning methods, and high-alkaline, acidic, or solvent-based cleaners will affect wear.
Cementitious sanded and unsanded porous grout joints for ceramic tile installations.
Effective for interior and exterior applications.
Approximately 400 to 1,200 sq. ft. (37 m2 to 112 m2) per coat per gallon (3.8 L), depending on size and porosity of grout joint, temperature, humidity, and method of application.
Test a small area according to application instructions with a 24-hour cure time to determine desired results. test for stain repellency using likely contaminants.
1) Read entire label before using.
2) For new installations, sealer can be applied as soon as 48 hours after grouting.
3) Grout joints must be clean, dry, and free of existing sealers or coatings.
4) Apply using a soft-bristle paintbrush or sponge paint applicator. NOTE: Be sure any sealer that does not penetrate surface is removed from surface within 5 minutes of each application using absorbent paper or cotton towels.
5) If 2 or more coats are applied, allow a minimum of 30 minutes drying time between coats.
6) After 2 hours conduct a test to determine if surface is completely sealed by applying water droplets to the surface. If water is absorbed, apply an additional coat. Wait 2 hours and repeat the test.
7) Ready for surface traffic in 2 hours after final coat. Keep area dry for 12 hours. Achieves a full cure in 24 hours.
8) Clean applicator tools with water after each use.
9) May be reapplied as needed to grout joints that are clean.
Concentrated Stone & Tile Cleaner, or AquaKleen is recommended for routine spray and wipe cleaning.
- Do not allow sealer to dry on tile surface because a residue will be visible. If this occurs, use Aqua Mix Poultice Stain Remover mixed with water into a wet slurry and scrub with a nylon pad.
- Do not allow sealer to come in contact with any non-recommended surface.
- Sealers will not prevent surface wear or etching from acids or caustic chemicals.
Handling & Storage:
- Close container after each use.
- Store in original container only.
- Store and use between temperatures of 50 ºF and 80 ºF (10 ºC and 27 ºC).
MAY BE HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. MAY IRRITATE EYES AND SKIN. Wear skin and eye protection. Do not breathe vapor or spray. Contains potassium methylsiliconate. If in eyes, flush with water for at least 15 minutes. If on skin, wash with soap and water. If respiratory tract is irritated, remove to fresh air. If irritation persists, seek medical attention. If swallowed, DO NOT induce vomiting. Seek medical attention.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Limited Product Warranty Custom Building Products (“Custom”) warrants to the original consumer purchaser that its product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal and proper usage for a period of one year following the date of original purchase. Custom’s sole liability under this warranty shall be limited to the replacement of the product. Some states, countries or territories do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental orconsequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty will not extend to any product which has been modified in any way or which has not been used in accordance with Custom’s printed instructions. Custom makes no other warranties either expressed or implied. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state or from one country/territory to another.