Aqua Mix Stone Enhancer Sealer
Confused by Sealers? Take a look here: Sealer Buying Guide
Aqua Mix Stone Enhancer Sealer is an excellent, no-sheen, enhanced-look, penetrating sealer formulated to darken and highlight the character and beauty of unsealed natural stone.
It rejuvenates the color and improves the appearance of worn and weathered stone. May also be used as a pre-grouting sealer. Allows moisture-vapor transmission. It also effectively seals and darkens the color of grout joints.
Aqua Mix Stone Enhancer Sealer has an expected wear up to 5 years. Will vary depending on hardness and texture of surface, type of area, surface wear, frequency, and type of maintenance products used.
Exterior applications may require more frequent reapplications. Weather conditions, harsh cleaning methods, and high-alkaline, acidic, or solvent-based cleaners will affect wear.
250 grams of VOCs per liter of material.
This is a VOC product. To order a gallon size, you must live outside of a VOC restricted state. However, any quantity of pints or quarts may be ordered without any state restrictions. For more information: CLICK HERE
VOC Restricted States: AZ, CA, CT, DE, IL, IN, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, UT, VT, VA, DC.
Unsealed natural stone such as honed or textured marble, granite, slate, limestone, travertine, quartzite, and sandstone.
Effective for interior and exterior applications.
Approximately 500 to 1,500 sq. ft. (46 m2 to 139 m2) per coat per gallon (3.8 L), depending on type of stone, porosity and texture of surface, temperature, humidity, and method of application.
Test a small area according to application instructions with a 24-hour cure time to determine desired results. Test for stain repellency using likely contaminants. Once enhanced, stone cannot be restored to original color appearance.
1) Read entire label before using.
2) For new installations, sealer can be applied as soon as 48 hours after grouting.
3) Surface must be clean, dry, and free of existing sealers or coatings.
4) Apply using a sponge, brush, paint pad, cotton towel, or sprayer. NOTE: Be sure any sealer that does not penetrate surface is polished dry off surface within 5 minutes of each application using absorbent paper or cotton towels. If non-polished surfaces are left shiny after application, surfaces must be wiped dry as this indicates surface residue remains.
5) If 2 or more coats are applied, allow a minimum of 30 minutes drying time between coats. Remove surface residue after each application.
6) Ready for surface traffic in 12 hours after final coat. Keep dry for 12 hours. Achieves full cure in 48 hours. Some highly porous surfaces may require an additional coat after full cure.
7) Clean applicator tools with mineral spirits after each use.
Pre-grouting application: Apply over clean stone or tile a minimum of 2 hours prior to grouting - follow application procedures above.
Aqua Mix Concentrated Stone & Tile Cleaner or AquaKleen is recommended for routine spray and wipe cleaning.
- Do not allow sealer to come in contact with any non-recommended surface as product is not completely removable.
- Sealers and finishes should not be used before or after use of Stone Enhancer.
- If Stone Enhancer is not WIPED COMPLETELY DRY within 5 minutes, a residue may form.
- If residue occurs, use a scrub brush or floor machine with Aqua Mix Heavy Duty Tile & Grout Cleaner or Stone Deep Clean to remove. Always try a small test area to ensure results. If results are not satisfactory, call technical services for additional options.
- Keep floor surfaces dry and clean to reduce possibility of slip-fall accidents.
- Routine pressure-washing will affect expected wear.
- Sealer will not prevent surface wear or etching from acids or caustic chemicals.
Handling & Storage:
- Close container tightly after each use.
- Store in original container only. Store and use in temperatures between 40 ºF - 90 ºF (4 ºC - 32 ºC).
- Dispose of residue or any unused leftover product in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local requirements.
FLAMMABLE. MAY BE HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. MAY IRRITATE EYES AND SKIN. Keep away from heat and sources of ignition. Wear skin and eye protection. Do not breathe vapor or spray. Contains petroleum distillates and alkytrimalkoxy silanes. If in eyes, flush with water for at least 15 minutes. If on skin, wash with soap and water. If respiratory tract is irritated, remove to fresh air. If irritation persists,seek medical attention. If swallowed, DO NOT induce vomiting. Seek medical attention.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Limited Product Warranty Custom Building Products (“Custom”) warrants to the original consumer purchaser that its product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal and proper usage for a period of one year following the date of original purchase.
Custom’s sole liability under this warranty shall be limited to the replacement of the product. Some states, countries or territories do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty will not extend to any product which has been modified in any way or which has not been used in accordance with Custom’s printed instructions. Custom makes no other warranties either expressed or implied. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state or from one country/territory to another.