Aqua Mix Ultra-Solv Penetrating Sealer
Confused by Sealers? Take a look here: Sealer Buying Guide
Aqua Mix Ultra-Solv Sealer is a premium, no-sheen, natural-look, solvent-based penetrating sealer formulated to provide maximum stain protection, especially in food preparation and serving areas. You may also use it as a pre-grouting sealer and it allows moisture vapor transmission.
It's an excellent grout sealer and its recommended for use on all natural stone (such as marble, granite, slate, travertine and limestone), porcelain, quarry, saltillo, terra cotta, cement pavers, masonry surfaces and other porous tile and grout where a natural look is desired.
Effective for interior and exterior applications.
This is a VOC product. To order a gallon size, you must live outside of a VOC restricted state. However, any quantity of quarts may be ordered without any state restrictions. For more information: CLICK HERE
VOC Restricted States: AZ, CA, CT, DE, IL, IN, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, UT, VT, VA, DC.
It covers approximately 400 to 1,500 sq. ft. (37 m2 to 139 m2) per coat per gallon (3.785 L), depending on type of stone, porosity and texture of surface, temperature, humidity, and method of application.
1) Read entire label before using.
2) For new installations, sealer can be applied as soon as 48 hours after grouting.
3) Surface must be clean, dry, and free of existing sealers or coatings.
4) Apply using a sponge, brush, paint pad, cotton towel, or sprayer. NOTE: Be sure any sealer that does not penetrate surface is polished dry off surface within 5 minutes of each application using absorbent paper or cotton towels.
5) If 2 or more coats are applied, allow a minimum of 30 minutes drying time between coats.
6) After 2 hours conduct a test to determine if surface is completely sealed by applying water droplets to the surface. If water is absorbed, apply an additional coat. Wait 2 hours and repeat the test.
7) Ready for surface traffic in 2 hours after final coat. Keep area dry for 12 hours. Achieves a full cure in 24 hours.
8) Clean applicator tools with mineral spirits after each use.
Apply over clean stone or tile a minimum of 2 hours prior to grouting - follow application procedures above.
- Do not allow sealer to come in contact with any non-recommended surface.
- May slightly lighten or darken some stone surfaces.
- Sealer will not prevent surface wear or etching from acids or caustic chemicals.