Chip Repair Kit
Our Chip Repair Kit includes:
- 1 Bottle 1 oz. - CC2400 High Viscosity Cyanoacrylate
- 1 Bottle 1 oz. - CC5 Low Viscosity Cyanoacrylate
- 1 Bottle 2 oz. - Quick Tac Activator
1) Be sure the chip to be filled is clean, dry and free from any foreign matter. Blow out with air if available.
2) Select the proper cyanoacrylate for the size hole or crack to be filled. For small holes use the CCS low viscosity cyano, and for larger holes select the heaver viscosity CC2400 cyano.
3) Carefully fill the hole with small drops of adhesive until it is slightly overfilled. Spray the adhesive with a small amount of the Quick-tac activator and wait a few seconds for the adhesive to cure. Should it not be completely cured spray with a little more activator. ( Do not touch nor attempt to spread the adhesive with your fingers*)
4) After the adhesive is cured, use a razor blade, or other sharp knife, to carefuly level the adhesive with the repaired area. (If you need to polish, use a buffing pad and compound, but be very brief and touch only lightly for a few seconds.)
NOTE: The information given and the recommendations made herein are based on our experience and are believed to be accurate. No guarantee as to, or responsibility for, their accuracy can be given or accepted, however, and no statement herein is to be treated as a representation or warranty.
In every case we urge and recommend that purchasers, before using any product, make their own tests to determine to their own satisfaction, its suitability for their particular purposes under their own operating conditions.