DAP 4000 Subfloor & Deck Adhesive Tube is a premium grade, weatherproof formulation that meets APA AFG-01, ASTM Specification D 3498 and conforms to HUD UM-60a. It reduces nailing requirements, floor squeaks and nail pops while forming a permanent bond on wet, frozen and treated lumber. Easy gunning. Interior/exterior use.
NOT recommended for applications other than subfloor, deck and wall installation. Item# 25117
Surface Preparation and Application:
1. Surfaces must be clean, structurally sound and free of foreign material.
2. Pre-cut and fit materials before applying adhesive.
3. Trim nozzle to desired bead size. 3/8” bead is recommended for subfloor applications. 4. Puncture inner foil seal.
5. Load cartridge into caulking gun.
6. Apply a continuous bead to joists, studs or backside of siding or panels.
7. Within 15 minutes, position and press substrates firmly into place. If left open longer than 15 minutes, scrape off and reapply.
8. Install nails or screws within 15 minutes.
9. Allow to dry for 24 hours before exposing to heavy traffic.
28 fl. oz. cartridge: 1/4” bead covers 86 linear feet. 3/8” bead covers 38 linear feet.