Gemini Saw - Taurus 2 Standard Blade Kit 1039
Stained glass pattern and all around multi purpose cutting blade. Its action is omni-directional. This is to say that it cuts the same speed and kerf, (swath left by the blade), in any direction. This blade was the first blade to be put on saws and makes pattern cutting very easy because the user does not have to turn the piece while cutting but simply move it in any direction.
- For general use, Omni-directional. The Standard blade gives you strength as well as versatility in all materials.
- Because the blade is round you have the ability to cut in any direction. The 360 degree diamond coating allows the blade to cut quickly while grinding the edge, leaving it smooth.
- All blades cut the same materials: glass, tile, stone, shell, nonferrous metals, hard plastics such as acrylic and lexan, and anything that has a similar density to these materials.
- All blades use the same belt and grommets. Blades are interchangeable with the same belt and grommets and do not need to be changed unless they are excessively worn.
- Always let the blade do the cutting. Forcing the blade through the material in a hurry will not only cause a slower cut but can also shorten the blade life. There is an optimum speed for each blade in each material; you can feel it while you are cutting. Sensitivity to this causes extremely long blade life Defined it is that point at which you get maximum cutting speed for minimal pressure.
- Standard Blade
- 3 yellow groove grommets
- 4 Red Gear Grommets
- 2 Hole Reducers
Blade Shape: Round .072 Diameter (note 1/16" equals .063 and 1mm equals .0394). Grit is aggressive.
Material Thickness Capacity: 3/8", normal use is 1/8" art glass, 1/4" soft wall tile.
What to Avoid: Do not use for ceramic tile, 3/8" fused glass pieces, or thick material in general.
Average Blade Life: 40-60 hours
Gemini Part # 1039