Blue 92 Anti-Fracture Membrane is a two–part system consisting of a
liquid rubber and reinforcing fabric. When cured, it forms a highly
flexible membrane. While the thin bed method of tile installation
provides many advantages, this method can be affected by problems with
shrinkage cracking in concrete and other types of substrates. Cracks can
telegraph through the tile and/or grout joints. To reduce or eliminate
cracks in tile work, a flexible membrane should be applied to the
cracked substrate prior to the installations of ceramic tile, marble and
- Reduces crack transmission in ceramic tile, thin brick, marble
and stone installed using thin-set method. Also ideal for use under
cement based or resin Terrazzo.
- Inhibits the growth of stain causing mold and mildew with Microban® antimicrobial protection.
- Thin—adds no appreciable thickness to floor construction;
install tile with LATICRETE Polymer Fortified Thin-Set Mortar directly
to cured membrane.
- “Extra Heavy Service” rating per TCNA performance levels (RE: ASTM C627 Robinson Floor Test).
- Easy to Apply—goes on quickly with paint brush or roller; no mixing or special equipment required.
- Fast Cure—dries in a few hours to receive finished surfacing.
- Easy Cleanup—cleans with water while fresh.
- Safe—no solvents or harsh fumes, non-flammable.
- For interior or exterior use on floors and walls whenever hairline cracking or “spiderwebbing” occurs in the substrate.
- For use over shrinkage and other non-structural cracks up to 1/8" (3 mm).
- Typical applications are over concrete slabs (suspended or on grade) in malls, lobbies and residential applications under ceramic tile, marble and stone.
- Use to cover joints in plywood underlayments, cement backer boards, and concrete masonry on floors and walls.
- Also use over concrete floors and underlayments with radiant heating systems.
* Approximately 300 ft2 (28 m2) at 20 mil thickness per full unit.
* Approximately 75 linear ft (23 linear meters) per crack suppression kit.