Laticrete Hydro Barrier Waterproofing Membrane
Laticrete Hydro Barrier is a thin, load bearing, self-curing liquid rubber polymer which can be easily applied to form a flexible seamless waterproof/anti-fracture membrane. HYDRO BARRIER can be used on interior and exterior, horizontal or vertical surfaces and is approved by IAPMO for use as shower pan liner.
Features & Benefits
- Allows for flood testing in 24 hours.*
- Thin; only 0.020–0.030" (0.5–0.8 mm) thick when cured.
- Changes in color from a light blue to darker blue when cured.
- Anti-fracture protection of up to 1/8" (3 mm) over shrinkage and other non-structural cracks.
- “Extra Heavy Service” rating per TCNA performance levels (RE: ASTM C627 Robinson Floor Test).
- Exceeds ANSI A118.10 and A118.12.
- Fast curing; allows foot traffic in 4–6 hours @ 70°F (21°C), 50% RH.
- Lighter color for ease of inspection.
- Safe—no solvents and non-flammable.
- Install tile, brick and stone directly onto the membrane.
- * When cured 70°F (21°C) or higher at 50% RH lower temperature at higher RH will require long cure times.
- Interior and exterior
- Swimming pools, fountains and water features
- Shower pans, stalls and tub surrounds
- Industrial, commercial and residential bathrooms and laundries
- Spas and hot tubs
- Kitchens and food processing areas
- Terraces and balconies over unoccupied spaces
- Countertops and facades
- Steam rooms (when used in conjunction with a vapor barrier)
* Interior applications only.
- Concrete & Brick Masonry
- Cement Mortar Beds
- Cement Plaster
- Gypsum Wallboard*
- Exterior Glue Plywood*
- Ceramic Tile & Stone**
- Cement Terrazzo**
- Cement Backer Board***
- Poured Gypsum Underlayment†
**If skim coated with a Latex Thin-Set Mortar.
***Consult cement backer board manufacturer for specific installation recommendations
and to verify acceptability for exterior use.
† Interior use only. Follow TCNA Guidelines/ Methods: F200, RH111, RH122, F180
Laticrete Part #
50 sq. ft.
175 sq. ft.
Laticrete Hyrdo Barrier Data Sheet
Laticrete Hyrdo Barrier Safety Data Sheet