Laticrete MultiMax Lite Large & Heavy Tile Mortar
The ultimate, lightweight one-step, polymer fortified, Large and Heavy
Tile mortar for interior and exterior installation of ceramic tile, porcelain
tile, glass tile, stone, quarry tile, pavers and brick. MULTIMAX LITE
features maximum non-sag performance on walls and maximum
buildup of up to 3/4" (19mm) without shrinkage on floors.
LITE is free of silica sand and has a smooth, lightweight, easy-to-trowel consistency and a long open time for ease of installation. The
robust formula is reinforced with Kevlar®
for maximum strength and
durability, exceeding ANSI A118.15 requirements. MULTIMAX
LITE utilizes LATICRETE HYDROMATIC CURE CHEMISTRY™. This
technology accelerates the hydration process to rapidly consume the
water in the system, allowing the material to cure in a predictable
- For wall installations of ceramic tile, porcelain tile, glass tile and
- Can be used as a Large and Heavy Tile mortar for flooring
- Ideal for showers, bathrooms and areas where mastic is used.
** When used as part of the LATICRETE 25 Year System Warranty DS 025.0.
- Lightweight- 25 lb (11.3 kg) bag has coverage of 50 lb (22.7 kg)
- Equipped with anti-microbial technology to protect the treated
- Incredible non-sag performance, even with heavy tile.
- 40 Minute Open Time
- Contains no silica sand.
- Smooth creamy, lightweight formula.
- Exceeds ANSI A118.4, A118.11 and A118.15.
- Exceeds ISO 13007-C2TES1P1 classification
- Excellent Large and Heavy Tile performance, 3/4" (19 mm) thick
- Superior for exterior and submerged applications.
- ASTM C627 Extra Heavy (TCNA)
- High shear bond strength.
- Bonds to most substrates
- One mortar for Large and Heavy Tile, walls and thin-bed
- 25 Year System Warranty**.
- Reinforced with Kevlar®
for maximum strength and performancec
- STRATA_MAT (* Interior use only)
- Existing Ceramic Tile and Stone
- Plastic Laminate (* Interior use only)
- Gypsum Plaster (* Interior use only)
- Cement Terrazzo
- Non Water Soluble Cut-Back Adhesive (* Interior use only)
- Properly Prepared Vinyl Or Other Resilient Tile (* Interior use
- HYDRO BAN Board
- Exterior Glue Plywood (* Interior use only)
- Gypsum Wallboard (* Interior use only)
- Mortar Bed
- Cement Backer Board (**Consult cement backer board
manufacturer for specific installation recommendations and to
verify acceptability for exterior use)
- Concrete Block
- Concrete Masonry
- Brick Masonry
- Cement Plaster/Render
- 25 lb bag, White - Laticrete Part # 0289-0025-22
- 25 lb bag, Gray - Laticrete Part # 0289-0025-21
Approximate Coverage (per 25 lb Bag)
Wall Application 4.9 qts of water
1/4" x 3/8" notched trowel
50 sq. ft.
60 sq. ft
Large and Heavy Tile Application 5.1 qts of Water
1/2" x 1/2" notched trowel
40 sq. ft.
50 sq. ft.
Thin Bed Applications 5.3 qts of Water
1/4" x 1/4" notched trowel
85 sq. ft.
95 sq. ft.
1/4" x 3/8"
60 sq. ft.
70 sq. ft.
Laticrete MultiMax Lite Large & Heavy Tile Mortar Technical Data Sheet