Mapei Mapelastic HPG
Waterproofing & Crack-Isolation Membrane
Mapelastic HPG is a ready-to-use, highly flexible, liquid acrylic waterproofing
membrane for installation under ceramic tile or stone on residential and light
commercial interior floors and walls.
Features & Benefits
Applied with a roller, trowel or brush,
Mapelastic HPG has excellent compatibility with cement-based mortars. When
installed with MAPEI’s Fiberglass Mesh, Mapelastic HPG can also be used as a
crack-isolation membrane and meets ANSI A118.10 standards for waterproofing.
In addition, Mapelastic HPG is IAPMO-listed for use as a shower-pan liner.
- Dual protection: Provides waterproofing and crack isolation
- Prevents in-plane floor cracks from transmitting through tile or stone
- Compatible with MAPEI’s Fiberglass Mesh and Mapeband™ accessories
- Compatible with MAPEI mortars and grouts for complete system protection
- Durable and flexible; bonds to a wide range of surfaces
- Ready to use; easy to apply with roller, trowel or brush
- Install tile or stone after curing for 16 to 24 hours.
- Flood-test after 72-hour cure.
Where to Use
- For interior waterproofing vertically and horizontally behind tile and stone
installations in residential to light commercial bathrooms, restrooms,
kitchens and laundry rooms
- As a crack-isolation membrane over existing in-plane cracks up to 1/8"
(3 mm) (see “One-Coat System” instructions) and for handling up to
an additional 1/8" (3 mm) in-plane movement (see “Two-Coat System”
instructions) when applied at the appropriate application thickness and
system (see section “Pre-treat existing in-plane cracks” below)
- Fully cured concrete at least 28 days old (see
- Masonry walls of cement block or brick
- Cured cement mortar beds and leveling coats
- Cement backer units (CBUs)
- Well-bonded, unglazed ceramic and porcelain tile,
quarry tile and cement terrazzo floors. (Note: Existing unglazed ceramic tile must be abraded,
and existing cement terrazzo must be mechanically
profiled. Both must be skimcoated with an appropriate
MAPEI latex or polymer-modified mortar. )
- Well-bonded, unglazed ceramic, porcelain and quarry
- Gypsum wallboard (walls only, primed, in approved
application areas only)
- Properly prepared radiant-heated, cement-based
- Exterior-grade plywood for interior residential floors and
countertops in dry areas only. Plywood must be Group
1, CC-type, conforming to APA classification and U.S.
Product Standard PS 1-95 or COFI exterior plywood
“Select” or “Select Tight Face” conforming to CSA0121 standard for Douglas fir. (See TCA Handbook for
additional information and following statement regarding
- PVC, copper, brass, stainless steel penetrations
- 1 coat - 40 sq. ft
- 2 coats - 32 sq. ft
* Coverage shown is for estimating purposes only. Actual jobsite coverage may vary according to substrate conditions, concrete profile and
porosity, type of equipment used, thickness applied, handling and application procedures.
- 1 coat - 200 sq. ft
- 2 coats - 160 sq. ft
Mapei Part #
- 1 Gallon - 35553000
- 5 Gallon - 35568000
Mapei Mapelastic HPG Technical Data Sheet