Mapei Mapesil T 100%-Silicone Sealant & Caulk
Mapesil T is a professional-grade, 100%-silicone sealant for use on multiple
substrates. This product is specifically formulated for heavy traffic and
expansion/movement joints exceeding both ASTM and ANSI standards.
Features & Benefits
Mapesil T is a 100% silicone caulk matched to MAPEI’s grout colors. Silicone caulk is more flexible and durable than acrylic caulk. Mapesil T is used to caulk showers, tub surrounds, floors, pools, soft joints, and other areas where a durable, traffic-rated caulk is required. Each tube covers ~11 linear feet (3/8” bead) to 25 linear feet (1/4” bead).
- Color-matched to MAPEI’s color palette
- Formulated to a low sheen to match the gloss of grout joints
- Rated for heavy-traffic and expansion/movement joints
- 100% silicone for use in interior, exterior, wet and dry installations
from Res 1 to 6 and Com 1 to 6 as detailed per TCNA Environmental
- Excellent elongation and flexibility for use in both change-of-plane
and joint applications in tile or stonework
- Can be used in pools and spas
- Helps to prevent mold and mildew
Where to Use
- Interior/exterior residential and commercial installations from Res
1 to 6 and Com 1 to 6 per TCNA Environmental Classifications
- As a flexible barrier/filler between horizontal/vertical surfaces and any
other changes of plane
- Expansion joints in non-traffic, normal-traffic and heavy-traffic areas
- Countertops, vanities, sinks, bathtubs, showers, steam rooms, pools,
spas, backsplashes and fixtures
Consult MAPEI’s Technical Services Department for installation
recommendations regarding substrates and conditions not listed.
- Mapesil T adheres to most ceramic tile, porcelain,
natural stone, glass, masonry, concrete, brick, wood,
aluminum, fiberglass, vinyl, plastic, and properly
prepared copper and brass.
Approximate Coverage per Cartridge
- 3/8" x 3/8" (10 x 10 mm) depth and width - 11 lin. ft.
- 1/4" x 1/4" (6 x 6 mm) depth and width - 25 lin. ft.
Mapei Mapesil T 100%-Silicone Sealant & Caulk Technical Data Sheet
Mapei Mapesil T 100%-Silicone Sealant & Caulk Safety Data Sheet