Take a look at our Membrane Underlayment Guide for more information on the different types of underlayments.
RedGard is a ready-to-use, elastomeric, waterproofing and anti-fracture membrane for commercial and residential tile and stone installations. You can easily apply it using a roller, trowel or sprayer. It also meets IAPMO specifications for use as a shower pan liner. Protected by MoldGard Technology to resist mold and mildew growth.
- Follow all surface preparation instructions on Data Sheets.
- Pump pressure: 1900psi to 2300psi depending on tip size and length of hose.
- Tip size: .025 to .029 (425, 427, or 429)
- Reduction: None
- It is recommended to stir material just prior to use. To achieve the required film, the coating must be free from pinholes and air bubbles. Air bubbles will cause pinholes.
- Apply coating in even passes to achieve 45 mils wet.
- Do not backroll coating.
- Allow drying for a minimum of 24 hours prior to installation of tile, stone or terrazzo.
As a Crack Prevention Membrane: 1 gallon (3.78 L) pail: 110 sq. ft. (10.2 M2) at 30 mil thickness when wet
As a Waterproof Membrane: 1 gallon (3.78 L) pail: 35 - 40 sq. ft. (3.25 - 3.7 M2) at 93 mil thickness when wet, 47 mils dry