STAIN-PROOF Premium Impregnating Sealer, formerly known as STAIN-PROOF Original™, is an impregnating, invisible and breathable sealer that provides premium long term protection for natural stone, tiles, pavers, concrete, brick and grout from water and oil based stains and damage caused by water and dissolved salts. Treated indoor and outdoor surfaces become easier to clean and keep looking good for longer.
VOC (Calculated): < 650g/L
1. TESTING Premium Impregnating SealerPremium Impregnating Sealer must be allowed to cure for at least 3 weeks before undertaking testing.
a. Achieving optimum stain repellence.Premium Impregnating Sealer’s
specially designed sealing molecules migrate through the pores and find
sites to bond by a process of chemical reaction, over 3 to 4 weeks! As
more Premium Impregnating Sealer molecules bond inside the
pores, the material becomes more oil and water-repellent. After 24 hours
of cure time, the product will show only adequate stain repellency and
zero penetration, but after 3 weeks cure time the results will be
significantly better.b. Achieving maximum depth of penetration.The modified silane molecules in Premium Impregnating Sealer
are hundreds of times smaller than the best modern competitor
(fluorocarbon /siloxane) sealers, which cannot penetrate into the pores
of dense materials, such as polished granites. After 3 weeks of cure
time, typical penetration of Premium Impregnating Sealer into Kashmir white granite is 8 to 13 millimeters.
2. APPLYING PREMIUM IMPREGNATING SEALER ON DENSE / POLISHED SURFACES.Premium Impregnating Sealer should
be applied to smooth surfaces with a lamb’s wool applicator or cloth,
so the sealer is wiped over the surface. Spraying is not recommended for
polished surfaces. Drying time between coats should be maximized –
approximately 15 minutes.
3. APPLYING PREMIUM IMPREGNATING SEALER ON HIGHLY POROUS SURFACESHighly porous surfaces, such as sandstone and soft varieties of limestone should ideally be pre-sealed with a light spray of Premium Impregnating Sealer,
at least 8 hours before applying the 2 main coats. Apply sufficient
product so the surface looks shiny / mirror wet for at least 3-5 seconds
after each coat.
4. APPLYING PREMIUM IMPREGNATING SEALER ON A NEW TILE INSTALLATIONOn a new installation, apply a coat of Premium Impregnating Sealer
prior to grouting. Then 24 hours after the first coat, apply the grout.
After the grout dries (ideally 24 hours later), apply the second coat
of Premium Impregnating Sealer. The first coat of Premium Impregnating Sealer will help reduce the chances of picture framing occuring and make grout haze easier to clean.
5. APPLYING PREMIUM IMPREGNATING SEALER ON VERTICAL SURFACESOn
vertical surfaces you have much less dwell time than on horizontal
surfaces as a liquid sealer will run down the wall if a substantial
amount is applied. You need plenty of dwell time for the product to
penetrate sufficiently. The way to do this is to apply 4 light coats of Premium Impregnating Sealer
instead of 2 generous coats. Apply each successive coat before the
previous one dries (wet on wet, approxmately 10 minutes between coats).
Place tarp or plastic sheets below to catch the excess drips.
6. PROTECT SURROUNDING AREAS WHEN APPLYING PREMIUM IMPREGNATING SEALERCover surrounding areas which you do not wish to treat with Premium Impregnating Sealer. Use removable painter’s tape to cover the bottom of walls.
Back to top