StoneTech Heavy Duty Sealer
NOTE: StoneTech Professional is now distributed by Laticrete International. Same great Dupont formula, but now with a Laticrete Label.
Confused by Sealers? Take a look here: Sealer Buying Guide
StoneTech Professional Heavy Duty Sealer will maximize the protection against most stains and make your stone easier to clean. This water-based, low-solids coating and environmentally preferable sealer has been reformulated to improve its performance and is easier to apply.
StoneTech Heavy Duty Sealer is excellent in preserving the "natural" look! Excellent for use on natural stone such as marble, granite, limestone, slate, saltillo, bluestone, flagstone, travertine & sandstone.
Features & Benefits:
- Advanced penetrating microbond protection
- Heavy duty protection against most stains
- Makes cleaning stone easier
- Preserves natural look
- Water-based, low-solids coating
- Interior & exterior
Natural stone such as marble, granite, limestone, slate, saltillo, bluestone, flagstone, travertine & sandstone.
3-5 years on interior surfaces and 1-3 years on exterior surfaces.
Available Sizes (and Coverage):
- Pint: 5 - 50 sq.ft.
- Quart: 15 - 100 sq.ft.
- Gallon: 50 - 400 sq.ft.
- 5 Gallon: 250 - 2,000 sq.ft.
Always test in a small inconspicuous area with a 24-hour cure time to determine ease of application and desired results. Allow new grout installations to cure for a minimum of 72 hours prior to application. Make sure surface is clean, dry and free of waxes and coatings.
Surface temperature should be between 50°F and 80°F. Ensure that the area is well-ventilated during application and until the surface is dry to the touch. Keep children and pets out of the area until foot traffic resumes.
1. Mask off and protect any baseboards or adjacent areas to avoid splashing sealer onto surfaces not intended to be treated.
2. Sealer may be applied to damp surfaces one hour after standing water has been removed.
3. Liberally apply an even coat using a paint pad, roller or brush.
4. Allow sealer to penetrate the surface for 15-30 minutes. During this time, distribute excess over entire area to ensure even penetration. Remove excess sealer by wiping entire surface thoroughly with clean, dry towels.
5. A second coat may be needed for porous, absorbent surfaces and should be applied 30-40 minutes after initial application as directed in steps 3-4.
6. Wipe entire surface with a clean dry towel to remove any excess sealer. If needed to remove residue, reapply a thin coat of sealer, allow to dwell for 2-3 minutes, agitate with a white nylon pad and dry thoroughly with clean, dry towels.
7. A full cure is achieved after 24-72 hours; foot traffic may begin in 6-8 hours. If foot traffic must resume sooner, cover the floor with red rosin paper to protect it until full cure has been achieved. Red rosin paper is not needed to apply second coat.
8. Clean equipment with water.