StoneTech Salt Water Resistant Sealer
NOTE: StoneTech Professional is now distributed by Laticrete International. Same great Dupont formula, but now with a Laticrete Label.
Confused by Sealers? Take a look here: Sealer Buying Guide
Features and Benefits:
- High performance protection against salt water damage
- For natural stone and masonry surfaces around salt water pools
- Protection against water-based stains
- Preserves natural look
- Easy-to-use, water-based formula
Where to Use:
StoneTech Salt Water Resistant Sealer is ideal for porous tile, natural stone, concrete pavers, terracotta, and grout. Best suited for porous substrates. If used on poured concrete, slight darkening or enhancement of the surface may occur.
Available Sizes and Coverage:
- Gallon: 315 - 475 sq. ft.
- 5 Gallon: 1,575 - 2,375 sq. ft.
Read entire label before using of StoneTech Salt Water Resistant Sealer. Use only as directed. Always test in a small inconspicuous area with a 24-hour cure time to determine ease of application and desired results.
Allow new grout installations to cure for a minimum of 72 hours prior to application. Make sure surface is clean, dry and free of waxes and coatings. Surface temperature should be between 35°F and 90°F. Keep children and pets out of the area until foot traffic resumes.
1. Mask any surfaces not intended to be treated.
2. Liberally apply an even coat with a bristle paint brush or paint roller.
3. Allow StoneTech Salt Water Resistant Sealer to penetrate the surface for 15–20 minutes. During this time, distribute excess sealer over entire area to ensure even penetration. Do not allow sealer to pool on the surface.
4. Thoroughly wipe the entire surface with a clean dry cloth to completely remove all excess sealer from the surface. DO NOT ALLOW EXCESS SEALER TO DRY ON THE SURFACE.
5. StoneTech Salt Water Resistant Sealer should be fully cured prior to water contacting the surface. Full cure is achieved in 72 hours. If there is a possibility of rain within the 72 hour cure time, cover surface so it remains dry.
6. Clean tools used during application with water.
7. If resistance to oily stains is also desired, apply DuPont™ StoneTech® Professional BulletProof® Sealer after Salt Water Resistant Sealer has fully cured.
StoneTech Salt Water Resistant Sealer Technical Data Sheet
StoneTech Salt Water Resistant Sealer Safety Data Sheet